Sunday, August 16, 2009

Rainbow Cupcakes

While Stumbling on a sick day on the couch, I found these - the coolest looking cupcakes I've ever seen. Anyone who knows me knows I love making cakes, and anyone who knows me well knows that despite dressing in black 98% of the time, I have a secret love of rainbow stuff. So, imagine my glee upon finding these bundles of wonderful!


So, being Tanya's birthday tomorrow, I felt I had to bust out with the most unique cake of our office this year. Having faced Woolies and collected the necessary items, I went home with the clear mission of making rainbow cupcakes on a Sunday off work. But what icing could I put atop these cupcakes that would do them justice? And then I found this:

Armed with visions of rainbow cupcakes with rainbow icing, I set forth on my mission. Messing up no less than 7 bowls, 8 spoons, one piping bag and one muffin tray, I have completed my rainbow cupcakes.

Looking at them now, next to the ones that inspired me, I am less than impressed at my effort, however, having taste-tested them I can confirm that they are positively delicious. Perhaps I'll patent them..."Erin's Rainbow Cupcakes - Taste The Rainbow". Something tells me that tag is already taken...

No comments:

Post a Comment